Logic Pro X is the complete professional recording studio for the Mac that gives musicians everything they need to go from first note to final master. This three-day hands-on course introduces students to Logic Pro’s primary features and basic user interface. Students learn how to generate a customized audio and MIDI configuration that will seamlessly integrate with their own personal production studio. Students also create their own song using Logic Pro’s comprehensive array of software instruments, Apple Loops, and DSP effects.
In-depth lessons cover MIDI and audio recording, streamlined editing and arrangement techniques, user-defined key commands, automation, using external MIDI controllers, mixing, and creating final output.
For Students Enrolled in a Virtual Class:
Each student will need a setup with two (2) devices in order to take the class virtually. One device may be a Mac or iPad, while the other must be a Mac with the correct software (and version) being taught in the course already installed. This setup will allow virtual students to view the presentation on one computer and complete support exercises on the other one.
Upon completion of the Logic Pro X course, students will be able to:
- Understanding Workflow Techniques
- Recording and Editing Audio and MIDI
- Using Software Instruments
- Working with Audio Effects
- Mixing and Automation
- Manipulating Pitch and Time
- This class is designed for students who want to learn music production and composition using Logic Pro and who prefer hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
Before attending the course, students should have:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of audio terminology is highly recommended.